Welp, it’s about that time, you guys, and I’m ready for a new list. The last one ended on my 23rd birthday, with 36 goals left uncompleted, and I feel like starting over!
101 in 1001
May 1, 2012 - January 27, 2015
1. go veg for a month; observe physical effects
2. swim for 20 minutes every day for 2 weeks
3. go on a hike
4. do yoga every day for 2 weeks
5. drink 8 cups of water a day every day for a week
6. go rock climbing
7. lift weights daily for 2 weeks
8. walk to Buena Vista
9. cross river at Rock Beach; explore
10. evening walk, every day, 2 weeks
11. learn to make 5 awesome meals by heart
12. master fried tofu
13. eat food that is laughably delicious
14. try something conventionally GROSS
15. master steaks
16. master omelets
17. find an “acquired taste” and acquire it
18. buy an espresso machine
19. try soy, almond, and rice milk
20. make homemade doughnuts
21. try absinthe
22. try goldschlager
24. learn how to make 3 Mad-Men-era cocktails
25. drink local beer
26. take someone new to Hill Top
27. drink vodka so fancy it doesn’t taste like vodka
28. shotgun a beer
29. drink hella fancy champagne
30. GET RULL FUCKED UP
31. visit 3 new countries
32. revisit Austin
33. revisit Paris
34. visit Kate in Colorado
35. travel to a new state
36. spontaneous roadtrip with no predetermined destination
37. roadtrip to a concert
38. romantic weekend at a bed & breakfast
39. Grand Canyon
40. find a new city to add to Top 10 Favorite Cities
41. learn enough sign language to have a conversation
42. complete Mango’s Spanish program
43. learn a new instrument
44. perfect pitch
45. read the Bell Jar
46. read Catch-22
47. read Pride & Prejudice
48. discover a new favorite poet
49. read a French novel for REAL
50. go to library, find book, read in one sitting
51. have sex all day
52. ballroom dancing lessons!
53. see a movie you reeeally don’t want to see
54. find mutual new special place
55. learn about something someone else is passionate about
56. plan & execute a REALLY GOOD SURPRISE
57. do something stupid for love
58. break the law with someone
59. stay up all night and watch the sunrise with someone
60. volunteer with someone
61. find a job you love
62. have a FANTASTIC interview
63. research (& apply to?) grad school
64. hold a job for 6 months
65. have a salaried job
66. buy a skirt suit
67. earn an employer’s respect
68. befriend a coworker
69. avoid workplace drama
70. get recognition for excellent job performance
71. have $2000 in the bank
72. buy a computer
73. get car window fixed
74. make a RIDICULOUS splurge purchase
75. buy IKEA furniture
76. buy Jackie a spectacular graduation present
77. buy a really nice pair of boots
78. buy a complete series on DVD
79. buy a really nice dress
80. pick up someone’s tab anonymously
81. learn to play 10 ballads on piano
82. write a harmonica song
83. compose a score to something
84. compose a string quartet piece
85. arrange an a cappella song
86. get better at harmonizing below melody
87. compose Jackie’s theme
88. compose Jordan’s theme
89. compile a book of sonnets
90. write a square stanza poem
91. be honorable
92. show uncharacteristic courage
93. burn a necessary bridge
94. do the hard, right thing
95. make a commitment
96. gain a new skill
97. save someone’s life
98. earn someone’s trust
99. have a positive impact on a child’s life
100. be spontaneous
101. finish the list.
Emily is gonna go do hw now. any last words?
I love you so much it’s paaaainfuuuuulllll!!!!
Which one is the raccoon and which is the hummingbird?
Vicki is the raccoon. Emily is the hummingbird.
What should Emily get you for Xmas? she has an idea, but do you think you’d like it?
If it bites.
You were right. Vicki wouldn’t be retarded enough to ask you such a question, but you know that already, because you are a wise woman. Where did you acquire such knowledge?
From the depths of the cereal box of Truth.
You’re right!!!! How did you get so smart?
I eat a balanced breakfast 7 times a month.
Vicki loves you. Will you ask her any questions? (She doesn’t even mind if you want to sleep first.)
I definitely read this as “she doesn’t even mind if you want to sleep with her.” But, to be fair, that may because of the hypothetical lesbian question.
And the fact that one of you wants me.
And yes, I will.